Dear Parents / Guardians of Grade 9 Students:
Stonepark Intermediate School will once again be holding its closing ceremonies for the Grade 9 students who will be leaving the school, and their parents. This exercise will take place on Tuesday June 26th from 1:00 – 2:45 pm, and will be held in the Stonepark gymnasium. In preparation for this event, there are some considerations we would like you to keep in mind:
- Grade 9 students and their parents / guardians are encourage to attend the closing. We’d ask that the number of extended family members be kept to a minimum, given that the space is limited in the gymnasium and we must be mindful of capacity for fire regulations.
- There will be a reception held prior to the closing ceremonies from 11:30-12:30. This will be held in the cafeteria and is open to the students and their parents, as well as staff. The reception is sponsored by the Home and School Committee along with Grade 8 parents, and is organized through volunteers.
- Parking may be an issue on this day as it is still a school day and buses will be operating as usual. We would ask that you arrive as early as possible to find a space close to the school. Parking will be available in our parking lots at the front of the school, as well as the grassy areas along the upper road and between the main parking lots. If need be, you may have to park along Pope or Heather Avenue. The front of the school along the yellow lines needs to remain clear for the buses at the end of the day. We will have some staff present to assist with parking, please follow their directions.
- The closing is a very informal affair. Students are not required to purchase a special outfit for the ceremony. Clothes they would normally wear to school would be appropriate for that day.
- Students will receive their report cards at the closing ceremonies. Students who owe money for lost or damaged books or locks are asked to make payment with Grace in the main office prior to receiving their report card.